Thursday, October 1, 2009

The Beginning of the Build

Now that I managed to get the introduction out of the way, let's move on to the build. Here's a few shots of the suite from the first day we layed eyes on it:

From the front door:


From the back of big room, looking at the front door:

What will become the control room:


A view into what will become the live room:



Alright, so once we got the lease signed and got the keys, I immediately starting tearing shit down. First thing was to tear down the inner leaf of this already constructed wall in the live room:



My next step was to double layer the whole outside wall. This wall spands across the live and control room and will be used as the green screen. Perfect!



Began sealing up the inner wall and contructing a new frame/wall around the pillar.


A week or so went by... I found this door in the empty wing next to ours. Solid core 36"x80" door. No door handle holes. It turns out (thanks to our great upstairs photographer neighbor) that there is a hole room on the North end full of doors free for the taking. I'll be needing another one soon enough. Either way, here is the framing construction of the door.



Many many cans of Hamm's will be involved during this process:



That's all I have to show you for now. I have begun making way for my window and found some good glass for cheap on craiglist. Gotta go pick it up! Also started framing another wall last night. Hopefully I'll be able to get around to throwing up a bunch more drywall this weekend and have updates next week sometime.



No comments:

Post a Comment